Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Goodness

It’s just good when someone does something for someone else that helps them out.


I am in the experience of organizing for our Celebration of Light on December 20th. We are partnering with a local Anglican church.

It has been amazing to me to hear his love of the promise of people and not the judgements we so often hear as part of the religious fraternity.

It’s just a good thing to bring an evening of music and inspiration to people without any big sell or any other motive than to provide a place for us all to connect.

You know, I know we are all connected in some way. There is no doubt in my mind. The minister is so excited about providing this event to his members. He knows it is non secular. We are not there to preach the gospel or to have people feel that they must be saved in some way.

The intent with which one goes into the world is important.

Goodness is from intention. When you intend goodness them goodness shows up. The problem can be that people mistake your intentions and they make assumptions. If they don’t talk to you then the assumptions go unproven but are taken forward into the world as though they are true.

Such a shame that we live in ways that disconnects us and leaves us with assumptions about one another that may not be true.

The goodness of intention warms the heart. I know what we are doing is good. I feel it. I am immersed in the energy of it. I look forward to seeing all our friends and family at the event so we can share a warm moment. Connection between us at the heart is so important.

Where is the goodness in your life? Do you express it in service? It can be as simple as holding the door for someone. It’s all about your intention.

It occurs to me that on our death bed everything will become clear. In the last moments we will know were good, that we did good and that we deserved good from others. I doubt we will have judgements. Perhaps some regrets will show up but then it will be too late to do anything about them.

We live a short life. I am blessed to be part of goodness right now. It is a wonderful season for you to see where your goodness is too.

No comments: